Grov-Air was formed by Troy Grover in November 2003 to provide consultation, supervision and technical support for customers during the construction and test flights of their experimental RV-Series aircraft, including riveting, dimpling, fiberglass, priming, painting, rigging of flight controls, wiring, and engine installation.
Prior to incorporating Grov-Air, Troy worked for Eagle Creek Aviation Services (Indianapolis, IN), ComLux Aviation (Indianapolis, IN) as avionics lead, and United Air Lines (Indianapolis, IN) as avionics technician, and at Continental Airlines (Denver, CO) and General Dynamics (Fort Worth, TX) as an airframe and powerplant technician.
Certificates and Education
- Airframe & Powerplant License
- General Radiotelephone Operator License
- CFM56-3 Engine Line Maintenance/Troubleshooting Familiarization Training with CFM International, Cincinnati, OH
- Pilot (Commercial / Multiengine / Instrument)
- Run-up & Taxi Qualified on B737-700/800/900, B737 MAX, Airbus A319/A320, B787-800/900/1000
- Flight Simulator Training on B737-700/800/900, B737 MAX, Airbus A319/A320, B787-800/900/1000
- Cockpit Qualified on B737-700/800/900, B737 MAX, Airbus A319/A320, B787-800/900/1000
- CAT III Qualified on B737-700/800/900, B737 MAX, B757/767, B777, Airbus A319/A320, B787-800/900/1000
Awards and Special Achievements
- Graduate of Colorado Aero Tech, Airframe and Powerplant License
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator License
- 34 years mechanical experience with systems on heavy jet aircraft with 32 years as a A&P/Avionics Technician on Boeing and Airbus aircraft at United Airlines.
- Built Experimental RV-4, RV-6/6A, RV-7/7A, RV-8/8A, RV-9/9A, RV-10, RV-12, and RV-14 Aircraft
- Restored Cessna 150, 172, 182, and 210 Aircraft
- Earned FAA Training Awards (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Ruby)
- Designed and Produced Fiberglass External/Removable Baggage Pods for RV-4, -6/6A, -7/7A and -8/8A Experimental Aircraft
- Designed and Produced Custom Instrument Panel for RV-6/6A, -7/7A and 9/9A Experimental Aircraft
- Member of EAA Chapter 301
- EAA Technical Counselor and Flight Advisor
- EAA Young Eagles pilot
- Member of AOPA